R600/AMDGPU fixes for Clover
Add Reply
Aaron Watry
2017-06-15 13:03:17 UTC
Hey all,

We haven't landed the fixes to break the r600g dependency on AMDGPU yet.
I'm headed out of town for a long weekend and don't feel like risking the
push before being gone for five days.

I've got a v3 of Emil's patch 4/5 that removes the AMDGPU header dependency
from r600 and I'm good with the status of Jan's 3-patch series. I'm hoping
we can square that away early next week unless is gets resolved while I'm
gone.

--Aaron
Emil Velikov
2017-06-16 11:48:18 UTC
Post by Aaron Watry
Hey all,
We haven't landed the fixes to break the r600g dependency on AMDGPU yet.
I'm headed out of town for a long weekend and don't feel like risking the
push before being gone for five days.
I've got a v3 of Emil's patch 4/5 that removes the AMDGPU header dependency
from r600 and I'm good with the status of Jan's 3-patch series. I'm hoping
we can square that away early next week unless is gets resolved while I'm
gone.
I've double-checked and Jan's 1-3 (squashed 2+3) alongside my 4-5
resolve all the issues I could notice.
Pushed the lot and I'll parse through patchwork in a moment.

Thanks
Emil
Jan Vesely
2017-06-17 09:03:06 UTC
Post by Emil Velikov
Post by Aaron Watry
Hey all,
We haven't landed the fixes to break the r600g dependency on AMDGPU yet.
I'm headed out of town for a long weekend and don't feel like risking the
push before being gone for five days.
I've got a v3 of Emil's patch 4/5 that removes the AMDGPU header dependency
from r600 and I'm good with the status of Jan's 3-patch series. I'm hoping
we can square that away early next week unless is gets resolved while I'm
gone.
I've double-checked and Jan's 1-3 (squashed 2+3) alongside my 4-5
resolve all the issues I could notice.
Pushed the lot and I'll parse through patchwork in a moment.
thanks for keeping tabs on this. I've been mostly sick/travelling past
2 weeks. I'll be fully online starting Wednesday.

The third patch of my series was separate, because it needed a bit more
baking (I posted it to shift the discussion away from deletion), but I
guess the few follow up bugs hit all the rough edges.

libelf is only needed for with-opencl configurations (so android should
be OK without this dep. see my response to Mauro). I'll post a patch
that fixes automake this week.

d5199c (Revert "amd/common: add missing libdrm include path") looks
incorrect. libamd_common still includes amdgpu.h so I'd say it needs
the CFLAGS. Moving the include to ac_gpu_info.c (in 81945) is enough to
remove libdrm_amdgpu dependency from r600g builds.

thanks,
Jan
Post by Emil Velikov
Thanks